Thursday, 12 January 2017

Random Bath Linen Grumbles

I'm always sniffing around for ideas for blog posts.  Maybe that's why I absent mindedly agreed when Mr Metrosexual suggested that I asked my readers if they too were finding that their face flannels did not last anywhere near as long as they used to in the olden days. Now blow me down he's even reminded me that I haven't done it.  What is he on!  Since retirement it seems that his horizons have narrowed somewhat.  I've suggested that if this is the type of question that now takes up more than a fleeting moment in terms of brain activity then perhaps he should pop out and get himself a little job or do some volunteering.

Whilst we're on bath linen I thought I'd add my own penny's worth.   Am I the only person who is annoyed by those ubiquitous signs in hotel bathrooms urging us to reuse our towels to help the environment?  For  I suspect that there are far different motives for encouraging this guest behaviour. As such I would be happier if those notices were reworded in the following vein.

Towels put in the bath: Please exchange
Towels replaced on the towel rail:  I'll use again

Please help for the sake of our profit margin.

12 comments:

  1. The face cloth currently in the bathroom has a faded picture of a lion on it. It was one I bought in a sale for Liz, when she was a toddler in 1984. Others of a similar vintage are in the airing cupboard. Yes, the old ones do last well! Glad to know I am not the only one whose OH makes "suggestions" about blog posts. Blessings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can almost see that faded lion face cloth. xx

      Delete
  2. I have been known to cut up old hand towels and them to make flannels in the past. They've been thicker.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's what he should do. Failing that there's a beautiful old fashioned household linen shop here in Brixham. Perhaps he needs to get them from there? xx

      Delete
  3. Mine are all worn and have seen better days, but I can't disagree that newer ones are not as good. I think about mundane things all the time, so I should be primed for retirement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps retirement gives the luxury of thinking about the mundane! xx

      Delete
  4. I haven't used one for may years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor I. Aside from getting my make up off I hardly ever actively wash my face. xx

      Delete
  5. I've noticed that one batch is coming out in holes!

    I too loathe hotels asking me to save on their laundry bill!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad it's not just me. It makes me want to give up my 'really trying to be green' credentials and throw my towels in the bath with abandon! xx

      Delete
  6. I didn't know that people still use flannels. It's a bar of soap in my hands that cleans my face, and sponges for the rest of me.

    ReplyDelete