Wednesday, 4 January 2017

Each Other's Hearts




It's a week after the road accident which taught me a hard but necessary lesson about the need for more presence in my life . Yet it was only yesterday that Leif, my car arrived at the same repair company where he spent some time in December.  I went to retrieve our luggage that's been sitting on a random driveway in Reading for the last week.  It included our Christmas presents, toiletries and electric toothbrushes  and both my work and personal laptops.     Some people said that they would have freaked if this had happened to them but I managed to remain stoic.  If I've learnt anything from 2016 I now know that there are much worse things in the world than being parted from your stuff on a temporary basis.    However it meant many usual tasks that I do on a bigger keyboard were relegated to my phone. Hence I was less efficient.  It's my excuse if spelling mistakes, typos and grammatical errors have snuck through more frequently onto my blog than usual.

Embedding videos within posts was one of the things that I couldn't do  because sometimes features within phone apps are more limited than the full screen versions.  I'd wanted to share this one with you as soon as I saw it but I had to put my patient hat on.  But yay, I can now!   It's a powerful lesson about walking in the shoes of others which, of course, has relevance in the wider world and not just inside the hospital environment where it was filmed.    After all no-one could have guessed what's happened to me over the last week just by looking.

6 comments:

  1. Wow. As I'm a little mopey heading into work, some great perspective to start the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, isn't it. What strikes me is the people in the film all seem so peaceful and resigned. It applies just as much, even more so to the people that we meet that are expressing emotions such as anger and irritiablity. Perhaps they need even more understanding as these are expressions of pain. xx

      Delete
  2. Going through a lot of mixed emotions/guilt about the way I feel after a recent bereavement, This made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The death of others brings up all sorts of emotions and what you are feeling is entirely normal for the stage of grieving that you're at. And it is good to cry. Five months on from the death of my own sister there are still regular tears. Be very kind to yourself and seek help and assistance from others, including bereavement counsellors if that's needed. Take care. xx

      Delete
    2. Thankyou Lovely Grey for your kind words you are a good soul x

      Delete