Wednesday, 11 January 2017

Dry January Tipple

Eleven days into January and I'm still on the wagon.  Not a drop of alcohol has passed this smug bastard's lips.  Of course you have to overlook the stuff in some rather wonderful chocolate covered port soaked plums that the Second Martha Stewart passed my way when she cleared the cupboards of her Exmouth holiday home last week.  I don't think it counts.  Surely some transfiguration occurs when booze seeps into fruit.  That's my excuse so I'm sticking to it.

Here's what I reach for when I get home.  It's another Christmas present from Louis that picked up from Narnia when we visited in December. No, it's not a land reached out of the back of one of our wardrobes but the shop attached to  the Timehouse Muzeum in Totnes.  The same tea  is the complimentary stuff served in their Moroccan cafe. The silicone strawberry infuser was part of my son's thoughtful gift.    Does it hit the spot after a hard day in the same way  as a bottle of beer or a glass of wine?  Surprisingly it seems to do some magic.   I never thought that I'd be so enthusiastic over dried green leaves steeped in boiling water.   Those that claim that menthol, an active ingredients in spearmint is sedative  may well be onto something.

6 comments:

  1. I am partical to a glass of ocean breeze. Which is canberry juice and grapefruit. I like it equal quantities. Some add soda water. Its a sea breeze if you add vodka.

    Hope you are well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Rochester ginger wine range. All completely non alcoholic but delicious either hot or cold.
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm joining you in smugness lol my drink of choice is green tea and cranberry juice. Not together not tried that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love peppermint tea in the evenings - and I was also given posh peppermint as a Xmas present (from a company called T2)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do enjoy a nice hot beverage at the end of the day. I don't bother with dry months as so often I just don't feel like a drink even when those I'm with have their beers or wine, so by happenstance may go weeks, and perhaps at times a month without alcohol. Then I may have weeks where I might have 2-3 nights/days with an alcoholic beverage in the same week. Friday-tonight is one of those weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for suggestions. I'll be stocking up on juices and ginger wine after this lot. xx

    ReplyDelete