Sunday, 8 January 2017

Another Chapter

Some people only join you for a very small part of your journey in life.  Lovelybloke can keep the name, for it fits, even though he no longer walks with me.  He will be remembered fondly for because of him, my house is now toasty year round and there is a hare on my bathroom window sill.  Of course the parting brought sadness but what I've encountered in my working life this week puts things in perspective.  Loss after decades of loving partnership, or even worse severe mental illness caused by relationships steeped in years of bitterness and resentment.

Lovelybloke also helped me to see the wood for the trees in terms of restoring work-life balance .  There's been a sea change.  For the first time in perhaps a couple of years my work laptop and papers remained in the office this weekend.   There is time again, some of which I'm using to strenghten my meditation practice.  Here's something from Eckhart Tolle, my new virtual best friend, on relationships.  He articulates so well ideas that I started to formulate myself after the breakdown of my marriage five years ago.

And so I have space.  Isn't it said that nature abhors a vacuum?   I'm curious to see who or what might fill it.

16 comments:

  1. I thought that you had gone a bit quiet re Lovelybloke ! Oh well....plenty more fish etc. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe....will see what life brings xx

      Delete
  2. So sorry to hear about lovelybloke, however you sound incredibly serene about it all whiff is good. Have just listened to th first half of Eckart Tolle and he is amazing! It feels like a revelation, he is verbalising thoughts which I had only vaguely half formed.

    Also very glad to hear you are keeping the work/home balance better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am serene - truly - must be Eckhart's influence! xx

      Delete
  3. Sorry to hear about that. There will be other things to fill the gaps. Personally I prefer chocolate to men :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The loveliest people aren't always the best fit for us. I don't really know you but through reading your blog I have a sense of a lovely person so it is without doubt that you will attract another lovelybloke when you are ready. I love Ekhart Tolle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so kind. Thank you and Eckhart does rock doesn't he? xx

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about that Julie. it's obviously time for coffee again. Men are a dead loss x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ye cynic! I'm not agreeing with your view,that men are a dead loss. You know me. Forever the perky optimist. I will make your sides split laughing over coffee soon though. Will message you. xxx

      Delete
  6. From what you wrote, he was right at the time, and for that, can never be regrets. I wish you serenity regardless of who walks with you, as I hope for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sam for sweet words that just about sum things up. xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to read that things didnt work out. I always like to think that you have to be open to let what ever happens, happen. Open to the thought that there could be someone out there. Being closed, leads to a life being stilted.

    I am glad for you that you met lovelybloke and that he helped you with your work life balance. The cosmos wanted you to meet for this reason and many others. Got to make room for things to come in.

    Big hug, Sol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for these kind words Sol which very much reflect my own thinking. xx

      Delete